Dishwasher giving problems is a more than common scenario. Everyone at one point or the other must have faced such a problem. Before you call for the help of experts to get you out of this problem following are some handy tips that you can follow to check why your dishwasher is causing you trouble.
1. Check the main power supply: See if it is working fine and if the supply is reaching the dishwasher properly. It is quite likely that there could be a circuit breakdown or problems with the fuse that is causing the problem. If that is the case you would need to replace the fuse or the circuit breaker whirlpool dishwasher repair pasadena.
2. Check the main switch of the appliance: See if it is working fine. If has broken because of some reason or has some other problem replace it immediately.
3. The next thing that you can do is check the cable: At times it is the cable that needs to be replaced. Worn out cables can easily get burnt and can cause some serious problem to the appliance too. If that is the case then you need to change the entire cable system in your dishwasher.
4. Water supply could also be a problem: It could be quite possible that the dishwasher is not getting the sufficient water supply that it needs to clean the dishes. If this is the cause behind the improper functioning of the machine, then you need to replace the entire controller as repair might not work.
5. The next thing that you can check is the float switch: Float switch is made of plastic which increases the level of the water. If the float switch gets stuck or is not working in accordance with the water level, then it is quite possible that it is the reason behind not working of the dish washer. This needs to be repaired and at times even change is suggested.
6. The internal filter of the washer could also cause problems: It is quite likely that it is the dirty filter or clogged pump that is causing the problem. Check it and do the needful by cleaning the filter.
These are some of things that you can take care of yourself in regard to a non working dishwasher. However, if all the above mentioned things are working fine to your knowledge then it is advisable that you can visit washer troubleshooting guide online or call for the help of experts.